Monday, August 31, 2009

39 weeks

We went to the doctor again this morning with high hopes for good news (that he was ready to come out)! We didn't get the news we were looking for. I am still not dialated at all! It seems as if Brody needs to be 'forced' out - he's apparently way too comfortable in there. We have another appointment on Friday afternoon to see if there is any change. If not, I am being admitted to the hospital on Monday morning at 8am, which just happens to be Labor Day - ironic, huh? They will give me Cervidil to soften my cervix. That will be given over the course of the day Monday and hopefully it will work. They will give me Cervidil until dinner time on Monday night, let me eat dinner, relax and sleep (sleeping pill will be used to help if needed) and I will be induced starting at 5am on Tuesday morning. Dr. Cowdin is on call Tuesday night so he will surely be the one that delivers Brody. This was not a choice and is what he feels is best for the baby...so thats what we will do. I would LOVE for Brody to come before then on his own, but the doctor did not see that happening. He said stranger things have happened, but he was not convinced that we would be that lucky! If things go the way that he thinks they will, Brody will most likely be born on Tuesday, September 8th. He has already warned me that he thinks I will be in for a LONG HAUL! Next Tuesday will be a very long day for me. We will keep you all updated! Thanks for all your kind words and concerns! We are so lucky to have such great people in our lives!

6 comments:

  1. Although it might not seem like it right now...THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!! Hilda & Buck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hon! Well...I went thru that walk of cervidil and pitocin induced but my MD did the cervidil overnight and then pit in the AM~It's not ALL the bad, but I do feel for you. It's always joked that kids do the controlling...here is the perfect example. Mr. Brody stubborn already...Remember good things come to those who wait! Keep us posted and much love to you guys! Can't wait for the next update! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try not to worry. With Justin I would not dialate and it happened suddenly and very quickly. They sent me home saying 2 weeks and I had him the next day at lunch time. Being induced isn't bad either. I went through that with George. Had a shot of pitocin in the morning and had him by 5 that evening. Will be thinking of you. Love, Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herbie - you are used to tough stubborn kids! Now you have one - that just won't come out. Stinker! Doesn't he know how many people want to meet him? Crazy kid...
    XOXO,
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  5. G.G. Mary
    I've been talking to Brody this morning and he is very anxious to get here. We have so much to talk about. I know Gr. .Lori has a lot to tell him also.We both have lots of stories to tell him. So
    don't be anxious sweetheart. Brody is just saying goodby to all of his friends in Heaven before he says hello to all of us. I love you very much, Megan
    My love to Jake and tell him to just take a deep breath. You are both about to witness the greatest miracle ever.

    Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete