Saturday, September 5, 2009

last appointment with Cowdin before the arrival...

Labor Day weekend 3 years ago, Jake and I got engaged! Labor Day weekend 3 years later, we are HAVING A BABY!!! Oh how life gets better!!

During our appt. on Monday, Dr. Cowdin said that he would like to see me again before the weekend to see if I've made any progress. We went in yesterday afternoon and still NOTHING! We are still scheduled for an 8am check-in on Monday to our suite at Cape Coral Hospital. He still wants to try to ripen my cervix on Monday with the cervidil and start/progress labor with the pitocin on Tuesday. However, his opinion changed a little bit yesterday and he was disappointed to say that he thinks I might need a c-section, which would take place sometime Tuesday if there was little or no progression with the pitocin. He says that it could just be my anatomy, but Brody hasn't even begun to descend into the birth canal. His head is still way up there, he couldn't find my cervix and said that he couldn't break my water right now if I paid him to! Not the best news, but we're still hoping that the induction works! He wants to do what is best for the baby and of course, so do we! At least we have ample warning and are now prepared mentally if surgery has to happen. Either way, Brody will be here by Tuesday! We'll keep our fingers crossed for a safe delivery either way and we can't wait to see that happy and healthy baby of ours! :) We'll send updates and pictures (of course) as soon as we can!! Happy LABOR day weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Well you can totally tell reading this update that your tone has changed!!!! We are sending all of our love down to you guys for safe delivery and healthy baby! Keep us posted....
    p.s Tyler says cool....I'll have another cousin to play with when we go to Florida!!!! Love you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always says that c-section babies are "prettier" - their heads aren't squeezed into coneshape on the way out :) Tell the doc to just do it on Sunday for my b-day, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!.... has it really been 3 years geez!

    ReplyDelete